1. Schapelle Corby was arrested in Bali on October 8 of which year: (a) 2000; (b) 2002; or (c) 2004?
2. What is the acronym for the Indo-Pacific Security Pact concluded last month between Australia, Britain and the United States?
3. What six-letter word beginning with “r” can refer to any bird of prey?
4. Cormorant Strike detective novels are written by which multi-million dollar author? (Bonus point for naming the pseudonym used.)
JK Rowling. (Bonus point: Robert Galbraith.)
5. Which British king shares his name with a type of sponge cake?
6. Name the longest river in South Australia.
is the only studio album by which American singer-songwriter and son of a musician who died at the age of 28 in 1975?
8. Name the winners of this year’s Brownlow Medal and Dally M Medal.
Ollie Wines (Brownlow); Tom Trbojevic (Dally M).
9. True or False: Namibia is a landlocked country?
10. In what century was the first smallpox vaccine developed?
This article first appeared in the print edition of the Saturday Paper on October 2, 2021 under the title “True or False: Namibia is a landlocked country?”
A free press is a paid press. In the short term, the economic fallout from the coronavirus has taken about a third of our income. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.